Long-awaited rebuild ‘would allow more trains between to Birmingham’.
A consultation is under way on £12-million plans to move and rebuild Bromsgrove Train Station.
Under proposals first announced in 2007, the station would be be located slightly further south on the line to the site of a former oil terminal.
Worcestershire County Council say it would allow greater capacity of services between Bromsgrove and Birmingham, along with full electrification of the line from Barnt Green to Bromsgrove.
Cllr John Smith said: “The scheme is great news for Bromsgrove residents and local businesses and I would encourage as many people from the town to get involved by coming along to one of the exhibitions or having a say by filling in the questionnaire either by post or online.”
Exhibitions are happening at the following times and locations:
Bromsgrove Rail Station on:
- Tuesday 15 January: 7am – 9.45am and 4pm – 6pm
- Wednesday 16 January: 7am – 9.45am
- Tuesday 29 January: 7am – 9.45am and 4pm – 6pm
- Wednesday 30 January: 7am – 9.45am and 4pm – 6pm
Bromsgrove High Street on:
- Tuesday 15 January: 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 16 January: 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 29 January: 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 30 January: 10.30am – 3.30pm
Bromsgrove Council House on:
- Wednesday 16th January: 4pm – 6pm