Coventry Child Rapist Jailed


A man has been jailed for 11 years for raping a young girl from Coventry more than 8 years ago.

Kifueni Kadiabioko attacked the 12 year old three times in the Willenhall area in October 2004. He was spotted by the girls aunt last February, when she recognised the 41 year old from a Church group, while she was on  a train from London to Northampton.

Kadiabioko was picked up by police after at Northampton station after the aunt called officers to alert them. He was then transferred to West Midlands Police.

Kadiabioko admitted raping the 12-year-old on three occasions – all after accosting her on the way home from school – and at Coventry Crown Court today (Sept 10) he was jailed for 11 years and three months for each offence to run concurrently.

He will also remain on the Sex Offenders Register indefinitely.

Detective Constable Deb McCord from Coventry Police’s Public Protection Unit, said:

“At the time Kadiabioko was a 33-year-old man who befriended the victim’s family through church…he abused their trust and took advantage of a 12-year-old girl.

“He was only known to church members by a nickname and disappeared in October 2004 – we believe to Essex and London – fearing the girl had confided in her family.

“Initially he denied any sexual activity took place – but forensics evidence was kept on file from the time of the offence and compared against Kadiabioko’s DNA which returned a match.

“It was a fantastic spot by the victim’s auntie; her swift actions in notifying us meant we were able to liaise with British Transport Police and Northants Police to arrest him as the train pulled into Northampton.

“She should also be praised for her restraint in not challenging Kadiabioko and making her 999 call discretely so as not to alert him.”

The 12-year-old was walking home from school on October 1 2004 when Kadiabioko pulled his car alongside and beckoned her into the passenger seat.

When she refused he dragged her inside by the arm and drove her to a one-bedroom flat where the assault took place.

Det Con McCord added: “This young girl was vulnerable and terrified by the actions of Kadiabioko; she showed extreme bravery in reporting it to police and remaining supportive of our investigation throughout.

“Her resilience has been admirable and this outcome could not have been achieved without that support.

“No-one should suffer sexual abuse in silence: we have specially trained officers on hand to sensitively guide victims through the reporting and interview procedure, and we are able to put them in touch with support groups who can help.”

Tell us your news

Headlines supplied by Sky News.